If you are not familiar with the term ‘pre-pooing’ you might find it funny or weird term but pre-pooing is a good practice beneficial for natural curly black hair. Who doesn’t want tangle-free, strong and shiny hair? Every woman of all hair types would love to have soft and manageable hair every day.
What is Pre-Poo?
Pre-poo is an urban term for preparation before shampooing. Although shampoo is great in cleaning young girls curly black hair from daily dirt and excessive hair oil production, shampoo products can strip away natural hair oils that are responsible for healthy looking shiny hair. You may have noticed when you use shampoo alone during hair washing that it turns you hair frizzy and stiff after you step out of the shower.
Coconut oil products including natural coconut oil, organic coconut oil, unrefined and Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO) are some of the best products you can use for your pre-poo regimen according to satisfied users reviews. Coconut milk is also getting great feedback in this practice because it is cheaper to acquire than coconut oil. You may also mix coconut oil for young girls curly black hair with other types of oil such as olive oil, jojoba oil, honey extracts and many more oil as you want.
Here is a simple step-by-step process for you to follow during pre-poo procedure:
- Gather your materials. You will need:
- 2-4 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons of Jojoba oil
- 2-4 tablespoons of Honey extracts
- 1 cup of Coconut oil (EVCO, coconut milk, unrefined coconut oil, organic coconut oil)
- Mix all the oils in one container. You may also opt for pure Coconut oil only with no other mixtures. When coconut oil is in its solid form, heat up just enough until it is in liquid form but do not bring to a boiling point.
- Hair massage. Gently massage oil onto hair and scalp starting from the base of the hair to the tips of the hair. For complete application, divide your hair into 6 sections and apply on each section.
- Spritz of water. You may also add a spritz of water for faster absorption to the hair.
- Hair Cover. Cover your hair with a plastic shower cap or specialized thermal cap and wrap with towel.
- Wait One Hour or Overnight. Allow at least one hour to complete the process. You may also leave it overnight for maximum results.
- Rinsing and Conditioning. Rinse your hair and apply your favorite shampoo and conditioner products as you always do regularly.
Coconut Oil for Young Girls Curly Black Hair
Choosing the right coconut oil for your hair requires thorough research. Most users would recommend using unrefined organic virgin coconut oil because they have not been treated with high heat processing and have no added chemicals for enhancement. Refined and processed coconut oil may be cheaper but it may not guarantee the results you desire. If you want to try out Pre-poo regimen without your mom getting mad with the product price, here are three unrefined Coconut Oil for young girls curly black hair that are between $10-$15 price range:
· Barlean’s Organic Oils Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 16oz – $13.09
· Maison Orphee Coconut Oil 16oz – $12.99
- Artisana 100% Organic Raw Coconut Oil Extra Virgin 16 oz – $13.29
These unrefined coconut oil products can be applied even without heating them up. For best results, treat your hair at least once a week with warm coconut oil for faster and better hair absorption compared to applying them directly without heating. Take caution when heating up coconut oil in a microwave or broiler because you don’t to get them boiling. Coconut oil melts quickly so a few seconds in the oven will do the trick.